NYFW Day 6: Glam metallics: Marchesa, Rodarte, Herve Leger & Oscar de la Renta
It’s all about the red carpet and metallic show-stopping dresses. Oscar hopefuls and A-listers keen to rock some seriously glamorous looks on the red carpet will no doubt be keeping Rodarte, Herve Leger, Marchesa and Oscar de la Renta’s opulent and super luxe collections in mind.
Marchesa (with a front row stuffed full of starlets) debuted some seriously sparkly dresses. Our favourite was a gold fringed number that looked a little flapper-esque. The shape of the gowns was more daring than a Disney princess look with ripples and embellishments plus clever sheer panelling. We predict we’ll see some of these incredible creations gracing a red carpet or
Pics from Glam.
Rodarte channelled Van Gogh’s sunflowers to create a super sunny collection incorporating printed shiny fabrics and metallic accessories (love those shoes). There is usually a dark twist when it comes to Rodarte’s designs which almost always have a fairy tale element. The shapes of the gowns were toughened up princess shapes but the palette of gold, turquoise and deep blues were not in the least but sinister- think Van Gogh’s Starry Nights painting instead.
Pics from Grazia.
WAG favourite Herve Leger of the bandage dress fame produced an equally glam collection of body con metallics drawing strong influence from his previous collections. Indeed the bandage-like construction of dresses was still seen but with shots of metallics and interesting frills and knots, all in a nude and black palette. To be seen on XFactor soon?!
Pics from HauteFashionAfrica.
Oscar de la Renta opted for several floor-skimming dresses in metallic mustard taffeta. The black lace, incredible jewelled shoes and sheer luxurious volume of the dress is a definite red carpet win, although we love his slightly more understated blush feather flapper dress just as much.
Pics from Grazia.
For a seriously easy way to wear metallic’s from NYFW, check out Bobbi Brown’s ‘rose gold’ video from backstage of Rachel Roy’s collection, where she created a “rosy nude face!” According to Bobbi, “rose gold works for every skin tone,” yay!
Love it? Share it!
Tags: bandage dress metallic, Bobbi Brown, Disney, fringing, Herve Leger, make up, Marchesa, mustard dress, NYFW, Oscar de la Renta, princess dresses, red carpet, Rodarte, rose gold, sunflowers dress, Van Gogh dress
- RT @TechStyleNYC: #AppAlert: Calling all fashionistas @Snapfashion is a must have! ow.ly/cmgV30fDUTj https://t.co/toyiUnT0zO 9 months ago
- We 💙⚪️❤️ @TommyHilfiger @LFW_Festival @FashionScout Shop @SnapFashion for the perfect Tommy Hilfiger outfit this AW… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 months ago
- @FashionScout Killing it @LFW_Festival...so many talented designers and great pieces for SS18...BRING ON THE COLOUR… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 months ago
- Aaaand we're back! Let the shopping commence https://t.co/Nix9agsKVm 11 months ago
- Apparently our website and mobile apps have that Friday feeling and just haven't shown up today. Will let you know when we're back! 😘 Sorry! 11 months ago
- RT @obsessVR: Jenny from @SnapFashion is using AI to change the way the world shops #nyftlab #DemoDay https://t.co/Nm4GdC7X4W 1 year ago
- The legendary Jackie closing out the @nyftlab presentations. Over and out! https://t.co/OEXY2mYY4P 1 year ago
- Samantha from @zeekit_app telling us the truth... online shopping *is* hard @nyftlab https://t.co/g4WQFXy70S 1 year ago
- Joy from #markable showing the power of shoppable video @nyftlab https://t.co/gcKuGRew3m 1 year ago
- Liron from #awear is helping us discover who the woman is behind a handbag @nyftlab https://t.co/UVGBCEu4ZH 1 year ago