What to buy in the sales
It’s that time of year again when the shops are full of sale ‘bargains’. The problem is that it can be easy to be seduced by cheap offers. We reckon it’s easier to make the most of the sales and look forward to sunnier times with a few tactics.
Make like the staple schemer: She knows that there are certain items in her wardrobe that she will wear to death regardless of changing trends. Stock up on good-quality classics like a tailored white shirt, or items you know you’ll love forever!
The up-scaling up-start: This girl is all about getting great value for money instead of grabbing whatever is cheap in a bargain bin. She scours websites and shops to buy a couple of designer items that she could normally not afford. So treat yourself to one star item if the price is right?
The researcher-savvy shopper: It’s a well known shopping fact that it is recommended you buy items of clothing that work with your existing wardrobe, are true to your personal style and flatter you body shape…not just because they are cheap! Make sure your sales purchases are 100% useful!
The forward-looking fashionista: She only buys sale items that are sure to be in fashion for the remainder of this winter – bonus points for SS12. It’s surprisingly easy to do. Here are a few pointers…
Metallic – For catwalk inspiration check out Christopher Kane, Chanel, Giles Deacon + Antonio Berardi. There are plenty of metallic pieces on the high street already (stick to paler colours where possible) and futuristic fabrics are a huge trend for SS12.
Florals – Granted this one might be a little trickier as most flowery prints are decidedly wintery at the moment. However, if you do see any bright or pastel floral prints a la Mary Katrantzou or Marni, go for it!
Pretty Pastels – Again, colour-blocked pretty pastels might be hard to come by but keep your eyes peeled!
Art Deco + 1950s – Snap up any Art Deco inspired pieces (in time for The Great Gatsby or to channel Gucci SS12) or pick up some full skirts or anything with a touch of 1950s Americana to get in on Prada’s summer vibe.
Citrus Colours – Tangy tones are all the rage for SS12 and Pantone has declared 2012 the year of ‘Tangerine Tango’ so snap up any bold, plain orange items as well as sherbet lemon pieces. Mulberry and Marni showed off some sunny yellow dresses, while tangerine was unmistakably THE colour seen at LFW thanks to Alexander McQueen, Amanda Wakeley and more.
Love it? Share it!
- RT @MindCharity: Lots of runners still on the course. We are so proud and appreciative of your effort and determination. 💙 #LondonMarathon… 13 hours ago
- Incredible scenes at the #LondonMarathon. So proud to be cheering everyone on for these amazing charities… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 hours ago
- RT @BBCSport: So many incredible stories at the #LondonMarathon. bit.ly/2oyGYle #GetInspired https://t.co/CG7R3uQ1XS 14 hours ago
- RT @_JSC__: Amazing to see this happen. Well done! #LondonMarathon https://t.co/5u4V3j03cD 17 hours ago
- RT @ThisIsChris_x: Well done to this guy for sacrificing his time to help carry someone over the line. #LondonMarathon https://t.co/cl5hEUq… 17 hours ago
- RT @Telegraph: The #LondonMarathon Men: Suicidal man will run alongside stranger who talked him down from a bridge telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/2… 17 hours ago
- RT @RoyalFamily: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, @Heads_Together Patrons, start the #LondonMarathon! Follow @Kensingto… 17 hours ago
- Let's go shopping .... bit.ly/2outG8A https://t.co/p6zjyFZhnM 18 hours ago
- Good luck to all of you! An incredible charity with inspirational work. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ twitter.com/MaggiesCentres… 19 hours ago
- Wondering what to wear? THE GLITTER BALL! > bit.ly/2pVeQt6 @Little_Mistress https://t.co/TyrJGIH5Vl 1 day ago