Top 10 trends of 2011 : Part 1
2011 has been one hell of a year for fashion and here are our top 10 trends (in no particular order). Which were your favourites?
1-SEQUINS + STARS
Dolce & Gabbana were responsible to the glut of sequins and stars on the high street (thank you!) We’re betting a LOT of Christmas party and NYE outfits are based on this stellar trend and those star dresses have been seen on practically every magazine cover and celebs like Beyonce.
2-NEW HEMLINES + TROUSERS
We’ve lived in skinny jeans for years now (and I for one will not be giving them up without a fight) but this year we have been encouraged to try a kick-flare and 1970s palazzo pants. Maxi dresses and maxi skirts have also been huge- whether ethereal and floaty in bright colours for summer or grungy staples teamed with cropped jumpers for winter.
London hair salon Bleach has been taking the fashion world by storm as various celebs experimented with dip-dyes, blue rinses and bright pink tresses. Celeb round-up here! Nail art has also been massive.
4-METALLICS + FUTURISTIC FABRICS
One of the highlights of my year was seeing Christopher Kane and being able to wear glitter and metallic clothing in the day-time without looking over dressed. For me, Kane’s Gel bag is an iconic accessory of 2011 (hear about the inspiration here) and I’m super chuffed that metallics will continue to be big this spring.
There have been so many (and we’re not counting celebrities turned designers – see Victoria Beckham for this year’s biggest success story!) We really liked Alexa Chung’s Madewell collection but the biggest mash-up obviously has to be Versace x H&M. We can’t wait for the spring instalment and Marni in 2012.
Love it? Share it!
Tags: 1970s, 1970s trousers, 2011 hemlines, 2011 retrospective, Alexa Chung x Madewell, bleach, celebrities with pink hair, Christopher Kane, christopher Kane clutch, christopher Kane gel bag, designer collaborations 2011, dip dyed hair, Dolce & Gabbana, Dolce & Gabbana star dress, favourite trends 2011, flares, futuristic fabrics, glitter, glitter accessories, hair trends 2011, maxi dress, maxi skirt, metallics, palazzo pants, pink hair, sequin dress, sequins, stars, top fashion trends 2011, Versace x H&M
- RT @obsessVR: Jenny from @SnapFashion is using AI to change the way the world shops #nyftlab #DemoDay https://t.co/Nm4GdC7X4W 1 week ago
- The legendary Jackie closing out the @nyftlab presentations. Over and out! https://t.co/OEXY2mYY4P 1 week ago
- Samantha from @zeekit_app telling us the truth... online shopping *is* hard @nyftlab https://t.co/g4WQFXy70S 1 week ago
- Joy from #markable showing the power of shoppable video @nyftlab https://t.co/gcKuGRew3m 1 week ago
- Liron from #awear is helping us discover who the woman is behind a handbag @nyftlab https://t.co/UVGBCEu4ZH 1 week ago
- RT @SMczarina: "Page dwell time increases to +100% with @SnapTech" - @JennySnapTech #nyftlab #DemoDay https://t.co/Blcvo6p75n 1 week ago
- Whoop whoop Zoya in the house! @econtenta setting up ad campaigns in just a click @nyftlab https://t.co/JcxVA3BoTi 1 week ago
- The very wonderful Allison from @CameraIQ warns retailers "people are not on your website. They're in the camera."… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- Finance wizz Samatha from #Point93 educating the audience on the futures model @nyftlab https://t.co/XjINQV7h6i 1 week ago
- A true VR legend hitting the stage, Neha from @obsessVR showing how to make people feel emotions behind brands… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago