10 Fashion New Year’s resolutions
It’s that time of year again when we all primes to be better and look forward to the New Year. So instead of the usual giving up bad habits/being on time/losing weight etc we thought we’d share our fashion resolutions.
1-Wear more colour
Whether it is rich jewel tones as seen at Burberry and Cadbury’s purples at Bottega Veneta or pretty pastels like, Philip Lim, Jaeger and Mulberry, we aim to wear more colour in 2012 and not just to colour pop!
2- Watch Grease and take notes
1950s Americana is in big-time thanks to Prada’s Grease-inspired collection complete with Cadillac print full-skirts. Mid century silhouettes were also seen at Louis Vuitton and Jil Sander – perfect for pear-shaped girls!
3-Moan less in heels.
4-Be brave with futuristic fabrics
Few of us have oodles of cash to spare in this near-recession, so it’s really important to invest in key seasonal pieces wisely. We intend to buy less fast-fashion (many just fun bits and bobs to revamp old staples) and snap up a couple of statement keep-forever pieces instead. We say this every year!
6-Get creative + arty
Lots of people refresh their intention to write a book/keep a diary/take up a hobby in January and we intend to embrace the art/fashion connection by wearing arty clothing- think Picasso-style jumpers by Jil Sander or romantic Van Gogh sunflower dresses by Rodarte. Alternatively we might just invest in some fashion-inspired art.
We WILL re-oraganize our wardrobes! After giving some items to charity, we’ll be sure to dig out last summer’s candy-coloured denim jeans, patterned and pastel jumpers as well as those metallic pieces from this season.
With The Great Gatsby sure to be big fashion news we also intend to read more 1950s fiction as well as the usual plethora of fashion magazines and favourite blogs.
9-Become a super feminine female
10-Go crazy for collaborations
Love it? Share it!
Tags: 1920s, 1950s, arty jumpers, colour, coloured skinny jeans, fashion + art, feminine, florals, futuristic fabrics, Grease, Mary Katrantzou, metallics, pastels, Prada, Rodarte, S/S12, SS12 trends, the Great Gatsby, van gogh
- Happy Red Nose Day! #SnapStyle #Fashion #Red New styles for Snap Men out now: here > bit.ly/2nZyXGd https://t.co/yuILIdeftF 1 day ago
- #SnapLoves #RedNoseDay @comicrelief Snap up your t-shirt here: bit.ly/2nMFbMn #RedWeekend #Fashion #Shop… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- #SnapLoveActually Want to own a piece of Red Nose Day Actually? Bid now, actually. Here > bit.ly/2neUWci https://t.co/jKWMJaJD2m 1 day ago
- Snap are bringing you 50% @RiverIsland 💗💗💗💗 Here > bit.ly/2n1Ivjk #Snap #Shop #Style https://t.co/aaAH6GA3tJ 1 day ago
- Happy National Puppy Day! Adopt a puppy here: bit.ly/2ngHeHo Dress like Prince Harry here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- A day in the life of fashion @Drapers #DRNEXTGEN @SnapFashion #Team #FROW https://t.co/vzVn6rNAmm 2 days ago
- Snap by colour & shop by shape #VisualSearch #SnapFashion #FashionTech #Innovation instagram.com/p/BR3AQvKjvkQ/ 📸💙 https://t.co/Kmo7XLPnvQ 5 days ago
- Get your wardrobe work ready. #SnapStylist Monday monochrome now £10.00 Available here > bit.ly/2mXmrJ5 https://t.co/JZclH79h4a 6 days ago
- Giving you all the latest trends #SnapFashion #SnapStylist #EMERALD Shop the look now > bit.ly/2maQm1j https://t.co/oClmDRAJiM 6 days ago
- Roll on the summer! 🌸🌸🌸 #SnapStylist.#SnapOfTheDay Shop the look here > bit.ly/2mQPUm7 https://t.co/zG7NijfTJ4 1 week ago