10 Fashion New Year’s resolutions
It’s that time of year again when we all primes to be better and look forward to the New Year. So instead of the usual giving up bad habits/being on time/losing weight etc we thought we’d share our fashion resolutions.
1-Wear more colour
Whether it is rich jewel tones as seen at Burberry and Cadbury’s purples at Bottega Veneta or pretty pastels like, Philip Lim, Jaeger and Mulberry, we aim to wear more colour in 2012 and not just to colour pop!
2- Watch Grease and take notes
1950s Americana is in big-time thanks to Prada’s Grease-inspired collection complete with Cadillac print full-skirts. Mid century silhouettes were also seen at Louis Vuitton and Jil Sander – perfect for pear-shaped girls!
3-Moan less in heels.
4-Be brave with futuristic fabrics
Few of us have oodles of cash to spare in this near-recession, so it’s really important to invest in key seasonal pieces wisely. We intend to buy less fast-fashion (many just fun bits and bobs to revamp old staples) and snap up a couple of statement keep-forever pieces instead. We say this every year!
6-Get creative + arty
Lots of people refresh their intention to write a book/keep a diary/take up a hobby in January and we intend to embrace the art/fashion connection by wearing arty clothing- think Picasso-style jumpers by Jil Sander or romantic Van Gogh sunflower dresses by Rodarte. Alternatively we might just invest in some fashion-inspired art.
We WILL re-oraganize our wardrobes! After giving some items to charity, we’ll be sure to dig out last summer’s candy-coloured denim jeans, patterned and pastel jumpers as well as those metallic pieces from this season.
With The Great Gatsby sure to be big fashion news we also intend to read more 1950s fiction as well as the usual plethora of fashion magazines and favourite blogs.
9-Become a super feminine female
10-Go crazy for collaborations
Love it? Share it!
Tags: 1920s, 1950s, arty jumpers, colour, coloured skinny jeans, fashion + art, feminine, florals, futuristic fabrics, Grease, Mary Katrantzou, metallics, pastels, Prada, Rodarte, S/S12, SS12 trends, the Great Gatsby, van gogh
- We ❤️ NY + @nyftlab ❤️ twitter.com/JennySnapTech/… 9 hours ago
- Another fantastic preview with #M&S showcasing their new collection. #Press #Essentials #SnapFashion #Beauty #AW17 https://t.co/EDW7RTniXj 16 hours ago
- Every time with spend time with @LuluGuinness.....💋💋💋💋💋💋 #New #Collection #Love #And #Kisses #LULULOVE #Want #It… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 17 hours ago
- Very @gucci inspired for this mornings press preview. #AW17 #Fashion #Trends #SnapFashion #Visual #Search… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 17 hours ago
- ❤️❤️ Roger Moore ❤️❤️ #RIPRogerMoore #RogerMoore #007 #Icon #Forever https://t.co/QuA7UBwSgu 1 day ago
- Shop the look 💗💗 Hot pink styles 💗💗 >> snapfashion.co.uk https://t.co/iDWhOLpZGa 1 day ago
- 📸 #SnapFashion #polaroids #press #AW17 @WhiteStuffUK https://t.co/26SrhjdHz6 1 day ago
- #Oh #My #Love @SnapFashion @OhMyLoveLondon 💗💗💗💗💗 https://t.co/M1MVj2mWd5 1 day ago
- Putting together our faves. #Topshop #SnapFashion #Trending #Wardrobe #Essentials #Follow #Style #Report #FrontRow… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Snap Fashion X @Topshop. Today we are picking the new collection for our #video #set #filming #fashion #style ❤️💗❤️ https://t.co/rDYcVjwWnG 1 day ago