10 Fashion New Year’s resolutions
It’s that time of year again when we all primes to be better and look forward to the New Year. So instead of the usual giving up bad habits/being on time/losing weight etc we thought we’d share our fashion resolutions.
1-Wear more colour
Whether it is rich jewel tones as seen at Burberry and Cadbury’s purples at Bottega Veneta or pretty pastels like, Philip Lim, Jaeger and Mulberry, we aim to wear more colour in 2012 and not just to colour pop!
2- Watch Grease and take notes
1950s Americana is in big-time thanks to Prada’s Grease-inspired collection complete with Cadillac print full-skirts. Mid century silhouettes were also seen at Louis Vuitton and Jil Sander – perfect for pear-shaped girls!
3-Moan less in heels.
4-Be brave with futuristic fabrics
Few of us have oodles of cash to spare in this near-recession, so it’s really important to invest in key seasonal pieces wisely. We intend to buy less fast-fashion (many just fun bits and bobs to revamp old staples) and snap up a couple of statement keep-forever pieces instead. We say this every year!
6-Get creative + arty
Lots of people refresh their intention to write a book/keep a diary/take up a hobby in January and we intend to embrace the art/fashion connection by wearing arty clothing- think Picasso-style jumpers by Jil Sander or romantic Van Gogh sunflower dresses by Rodarte. Alternatively we might just invest in some fashion-inspired art.
We WILL re-oraganize our wardrobes! After giving some items to charity, we’ll be sure to dig out last summer’s candy-coloured denim jeans, patterned and pastel jumpers as well as those metallic pieces from this season.
With The Great Gatsby sure to be big fashion news we also intend to read more 1950s fiction as well as the usual plethora of fashion magazines and favourite blogs.
9-Become a super feminine female
10-Go crazy for collaborations
Love it? Share it!
Tags: 1920s, 1950s, arty jumpers, colour, coloured skinny jeans, fashion + art, feminine, florals, futuristic fabrics, Grease, Mary Katrantzou, metallics, pastels, Prada, Rodarte, S/S12, SS12 trends, the Great Gatsby, van gogh
- RT @TechStyleNYC: #AppAlert: Calling all fashionistas @Snapfashion is a must have! ow.ly/cmgV30fDUTj https://t.co/toyiUnT0zO 5 months ago
- We 💙⚪️❤️ @TommyHilfiger @LFW_Festival @FashionScout Shop @SnapFashion for the perfect Tommy Hilfiger outfit this AW… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 months ago
- @FashionScout Killing it @LFW_Festival...so many talented designers and great pieces for SS18...BRING ON THE COLOUR… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 months ago
- Aaaand we're back! Let the shopping commence https://t.co/Nix9agsKVm 7 months ago
- Apparently our website and mobile apps have that Friday feeling and just haven't shown up today. Will let you know when we're back! 😘 Sorry! 7 months ago
- RT @obsessVR: Jenny from @SnapFashion is using AI to change the way the world shops #nyftlab #DemoDay https://t.co/Nm4GdC7X4W 9 months ago
- The legendary Jackie closing out the @nyftlab presentations. Over and out! https://t.co/OEXY2mYY4P 9 months ago
- Samantha from @zeekit_app telling us the truth... online shopping *is* hard @nyftlab https://t.co/g4WQFXy70S 9 months ago
- Joy from #markable showing the power of shoppable video @nyftlab https://t.co/gcKuGRew3m 9 months ago
- Liron from #awear is helping us discover who the woman is behind a handbag @nyftlab https://t.co/UVGBCEu4ZH 9 months ago