LFW: Digital print + metallics on day 1
Good news! Two of our favourite trends have got a new lease of life for Autumn!
Metallics have got dirty and more natural with pewter and copper replacing bright silver. The Felder Felder collection was apparently inspired by photos of nudes in caves by Ryan McGinley and you can see all the pretty stony colours in the beautiful prints.
Jean-Pierre Braganza’s collection had a more industrial feel with moody pewter with metallic-detail patterns and more structured silhouettes. The brighter prints had delicious shots of purple through them and hidden chandeliers.
PPQ mixed grown-up monochrome prints with moss green metallics and shiny black pieces and while there were quirky touches – the occasional heart sequin on a check and clusters of gems, tweed, sensible knits and floaty demure dresses mark a turning point for the LFW favourite. Apparently the inspiration was the ‘apocalyptic romance of winter’.
All pics from Vogue.
Love it? Share it!
Tags: cave print, copper, digital print, Felder Felder, Felder Felder AW12, Felder Felder LFW, Jean-Pierre Braganza, Jean-Pierre Braganza AW12, Jean-Pierre Braganza LFW, LFW, LFW metallic, LFW print, London Fashion Week, metallics, pewter, PPQ, PPQ AW12, PPQ LFW, prints, Ryan McGinley
- Aaaand we're back! Let the shopping commence https://t.co/Nix9agsKVm 3 days ago
- Apparently our website and mobile apps have that Friday feeling and just haven't shown up today. Will let you know when we're back! 😘 Sorry! 3 days ago
- RT @obsessVR: Jenny from @SnapFashion is using AI to change the way the world shops #nyftlab #DemoDay https://t.co/Nm4GdC7X4W 2 months ago
- The legendary Jackie closing out the @nyftlab presentations. Over and out! https://t.co/OEXY2mYY4P 2 months ago
- Samantha from @zeekit_app telling us the truth... online shopping *is* hard @nyftlab https://t.co/g4WQFXy70S 2 months ago
- Joy from #markable showing the power of shoppable video @nyftlab https://t.co/gcKuGRew3m 2 months ago
- Liron from #awear is helping us discover who the woman is behind a handbag @nyftlab https://t.co/UVGBCEu4ZH 2 months ago
- RT @SMczarina: "Page dwell time increases to +100% with @SnapTech" - @JennySnapTech #nyftlab #DemoDay https://t.co/Blcvo6p75n 2 months ago
- Whoop whoop Zoya in the house! @econtenta setting up ad campaigns in just a click @nyftlab https://t.co/JcxVA3BoTi 2 months ago
- The very wonderful Allison from @CameraIQ warns retailers "people are not on your website. They're in the camera."… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 months ago