Fearne Cotton has jumped on the oriental bandwagon for her latest Very clothing collection. We saw oriental-styled details all over the AW12 catwalks, perhaps most notably at Proenza Schouler, while Christopher Kane’s cool minimalist aesthetic was our favourite. But Fearne’s take on the trend is bolder and brighter.
While the presenter’s personal sense of style that we love is still evident, this is a pretty bold look. Are you a fan?
Now here’s one awards ceremony that gets us really excited. The CFDA Awards are the Oscars of fashion and the red carpet was spectacularly good.
A quick round-up of the winners for you…
- Womenswear Designer of the Year: Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen (beat Marc Jacobs!)
- Menswear Designer of the Year: Billy Reid
- Accessories Designer of the Year: Reed Krakoff
- International Award: Rei Kawakubo of Commes des Garçons
- Swarovski Awards for Emerging Talent: Joseph Altuzarra for womenswear, Phillip Lim for menswear and Tabitha Simmons for accessories
- Media Award: Scott Schumann and Garance Doré
- Founders Award: Andrew Rosen (CEO of Theory and Helmut Lang)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Tommy Hilfiger
- Fashion Icon Award: Johnny Depp
Yes, yes, yes but who wore what? Regarde…
Pics: The Telegraph + The Daily Mail
I’ll be honest. I hadn’t really taken much notice Riley Keough before, but it turns out that she’s Elvis’ granddaughter, a face of Dior, Victoria’s Secret model and an actress…which leads me to think – why not and where have I been?! A little bit grungy and a lot glam, she’s definitely worthy of a style crush.
Oh look, another red carpet with stars wearing dresses on it. This time it’s for the TriBeCa Film Festival so without further ado, here are our top 5 best dressed. Agree?
The Fanning sisters are having a fashion moment right now. Elle has recently covered A Magazine in Rodarte Couture and Teen Vogue, they both covered W Magazine and Dakota Fanning came through my mail box this morning on the February cover of Elle Magazine – and Dakota is wearing lush Louis Vuitton SS12. (Ooh the Elle/Elle thing is confusing!)
Images: Cover shot from CocosTeaParty and dodgy internal photos by me. Buy it- it’s a great issue!
We really like the idea and while we like Julianne’s feathering Lanvin dress, the image of Zoe and sisters is our favourite and deliciously retro. (But don’t get us wrong the Lively girls look great too!)
It’s a pretty impressive editorial for inside a magazine and the front cover goes to sisters Dakota and Elle Fanning, who also boast an impressive set of silvery shots. Scroll down!
All pics from Coco’sTeaParty.