My white blazer is one of my best buys of this season (so far!) and will be a keeper. Mango has really pulled out the stops for its SS12 collection including a timeless tailored white tux jacket for just £35. The amazing thing is that the cut is superb (neat but can work as a casual number) and the fabric is good quality, so proof that ‘investment pieces’ do not have to cost lots…and if it’s good enough for Kate Moss…
In case you are in any doubt, here are plenty of celebs rocking white blazers. Mine has worked hard this winter with pointy maroon boots, black skinny jeans and a grey t-shirt, but this summer I will team it with a Hawaiian-print skirt (and slubby tee- always!) as well as perky pastel dresses and bright skinny jeans. The only problem? Tube grime. (London girls will feel my pain).
Both shows were packed with celebs, drama and were one of LFW’s hottest tickets so how did Stella’s starry dinner compare with Mulberry’s magical woodland?
Mulberry: yetis + monsters!
Halloween came early at Mulberry as monsters, yetis and Where The Wild Things Are inspired outfits were de rigour…as well as some elegant gowns and sensational printed parkers – my new lust-have.
You’ll be wearing furry gilets and jackets belted at the waist with thick woolly items and sleek lady-like skirts teamed with heeled hiking boots (dig them out from Winter ’10). Tangerine and burnt tones with brown and black zigzags, mixed textures and quilting made up the outdoorsy winter-wear, while star prints and subtle multicoloured metallics will make winter sparkle in due time.
We also glimpsed the new Del Rey bag, aptly carried by Lana in ostrich white.
Guest list: Laura Carmichael and Michelle Dockery (Downton Abbey) sat alongside Michelle Williams, Elizabeth Olsen, Lana Del Rey, Pixie Geldof, Azealia Banks, Olivia Palermo, Pixie Lott, Anna Wintour…impressive!
Stella: dinner for hundreds
According to Vogue the celebs sat down to a tasty veggie dinner chez Stella while models wafted around, then at 11pm a famous magician entertained the crowd by apparently hypnotising Alexa Chung before balancing her on three swords. And it got weirder…a model started screaming, waiters dropped their trays and a flash mob ensued with models carried in on chairs. To hell with a catwalk!
After all the drama, guests finally got to see a capsule collection of evening wear complete with amazing costume jewellery before the big reveal in Paris next week. And there’s no pics yet!
Pics: Elle + The DM.
Essential ingredients for a fashionable NYE include:
* A LBD – probably. Keep it current with a sequined or faux fur clip-on collar or statement jewellery.
* A going-out’ bag. Criteria include large enough to put spare shoes, plasters, lipstick, mobile, money etc but small enough to look dressy and not having to sling over your shoulder. Of course a magical bag that’s tiny and carries everything without weighing a tonne would be great – thanks for raising our hopes Harry Potter.
* A stylish drink makes a good accessory.
* Amazing shoes are a must. We favour anything high and glittery or a colour-pop if you are opting for skinny jeans and a special top (my choice if you must know). Do remember to pack a pair of pumps though for the long stumble home!
* Super warm coat for waiting in taxi lines. Shivering and goosebumps does not an attractive lady make!
We’re well aware we’re not going to win any awards for originality with this post but we love Olivia Palermo’s style and now she’s finally launched her own blog. Well, we say blog, she apparently has around 15 staff (lucky for some!) Is the blog everything you dreamed of?
While we could gripe that it doesn’t seem to be Olivia herself hammering out copy on her laptop, we do enjoy ogling the photos of her rocking current trends from floppy hats to black lace in her own polished way…P.S. how does she get her hair so glossy?
Here are our favourite looks from the blog and a few extra looks we like too.
Kim Kardashian has scored a trend hat-trick. How may you ask? Take a look.
1) We recently wrote about the fashion face-off at the Snap Fashion office: capes vs ponchos. It seems like Kim has joined Team Cape (and bonus points for Heritage trend lovers, it’s in check) and she proves you don’t have to look like Sherlock Holmes! Leighton Meester, Fearne Cotton & Rachel Bilson are all fans btw.
2) Take every opportunity to ride carousels – if it’s good enough for Kate Moss and Louis Vuitton at Paris Fashion Week we’ll give it a go and Kim Kardashian has jumped on this circular bandwagon.
3) Kim also rocks a 70s floppy hat. We’re not sure about over-the-knee boots with such a short dress but the suede also adds another retro touch to the outfit. P.S. Olivia Palermo and Rachel Zoe also love a floppy hat!
Pics: The DM.
Paris Fashion week has attracted Hollywood A-listers galore (many of whom were frow for Chanel) but here’s a round-up of any we missed! Who’s your fav?
Apparently described as a ‘palate cleanser’ after John Galliano left a bad (racist and anti-semitic) taste in Dior’s mouth, this was one play-it-safe collection!
Apparently the idea of this first post-Galliano collection was to say – ‘hey, we’re Dior, we’re still classy, classic and so damned tasteful!’ So I guess that works. I actually really liked some of the dresses. Overall, maybe it was a little tame for the catwalk but infinitely wearable?